Spilled milk may not seem like the biggest deal to clean, but when it spills on your carpet – things just got real! Not only are you left with a murky looking stain on your carpet, but the smell. It’s that smell, the one we all recognise instantly like vomit and sour grossness mixed together that can be so hard to get rid of.
But, before you cry over spilled milk (we couldn’t resist!) let Renew help you to tackle the stain yourself, with our easy step-by-step guide below:
How to clean up after spilled milk
- Use a dry cloth or sponge to soak up as much of the milk as possible.
- Mix together 2 cups of warm water and 1 tablespoon of washing-up liquid. Use a cloth to gently rub (not scrub) the stain with the mixture, repeat as many times as needed, until you’ve removed as much of the stain as you can.
- Sprinkle the area with baking soda and leave for approximately 30 minutes. The baking soda will absorb the remaining milk, along with the smell!
- Vacuum the area afterwards.
“We don’t always have the time to clean up a milk spill straight away. Sometimes, we don’t even know about it, until the odour hits and one of the kids is looking guilty.”
How to clean up dried milk
Some stains are stubborn and need professional help! Renew, are the leading carpet cleaning company in Ireland and specialists in tough stain removal. Contact us today to book your professional carpet cleaning.
(Always test cleaning products/solutions on an inconspicuous area first)
- Carefully scrape the dried milk with a dull knife to remove as many flakes as possible.
- Wet the remainder of the stain with cold water (warm, will increase the odour)
- Use a toothbrush to rub the stain with a washing powder paste, and rinse.
- If the stain has gone but the odour is still lingering, spray the area with vinegar (diluted with an equal part of water) and blot it up afterwards.
Need some help?
Become a happy customer
I was apprehensive to get my expensive Persian rug cleaned as you never know with these things but calling Renew I knew I'd made the right decision. They collected it, cleaned it impeccably and returned it right to my door.James Galvin
We have a very strong relationship with Mark and the team at Renew Carpet Cleaning. They do a lot of carpet, upholstery and tile cleaning work for us and have done so for a long time. They’re very flexible and the work is impeccable.Brown Thomas
Jason and the team were just so lovely. They really helped me out at the last minute and the carpets came up so well, I asked them to do my sofa too! Couldn’t recommend Renew enough. Will be calling them back next year.Catherine O'Driscoll
Our carpets, curtains and upholstery have never looked as good since we hired Renew. Like clock-work they’re there to keep our premises shining to the high standards we’ve set. There's no better cleaning company out there.The Shelbourne Hotel
I'm only sorry I didn't call Renew years ago! They are by far and away the best tile & grout cleaners I've ever used and Darren was such a lovely man, couldn't have been more helpful when he arrived. Would defingintely use them again!Sinead Counihan
Dublin's Best Carpet, Fabric, Tile & Grout Cleaning Professionals.
Renew is Dublin’s leading and most experienced professional carpet, fabric, tile & grout cleaning company. We have over 20 years’ experience, providing wool-safe approved, anti-allergen & eco-friendly cleaning solutions to over 10,000 homes a year.
- Environmentally friendly techniques
- Fully trained and professional staff
- 100% no quibble refund
- Free assessment and quotation