As a nation of tea drinkers, regular tea spills are inevitable in every home. Whether it’s a Hansel & Gretel tea trail from the kitchen to the couch, or a full cup completely up ended – an unsightly brown tea stain can seem a real pain to get rid of, especially on light coloured carpet. However, help is at hand! Below is Renew’s quick and easy guide to removing a tea stain from carpet.
For best results be sure to get to work on the stain straight away!
How to Clean up After a Tea Spill on Carpet
- Use kitchen roll or a clean towel to blot up as much liquid as possible.
- Pour a small amount of cold water on the stain to dilute the tea, and blot again until no more liquid is transferred.
- Mix together 2 ounces of white vinegar with 4 ounces of warm water. Test this cleaning solution on an inconspicuous area of carpet first.
- Using a clean cloth and the above cleaning solution, rub the area working inwards so as not to spread the stain.
- Continue until the stain is gone.
How to remove the smell of vinegar after cleaning
- Blot up any excess liquid left after the stain removing process.
- Sprinkle baking soda onto the area and leave for 1- 2 hrs (This will help absorb the odour)
- Vacuum the area.
- Repeat the above steps if necessary, until the odour has completely gone.
Renew Carpet Cleaning remove all types of tough stains. We recommend having your carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year to maintain a clean and healthy home. After cleaning we use a protective treatment that acts as a barrier against future staining (good news for tea lovers!) Contact Renew today to book your carpet cleaning, or to find out more about the cleaning services we provide.
I was apprehensive to get my expensive Persian rug cleaned as you never know with these things but calling Renew I knew I'd made the right decision. They collected it, cleaned it impeccably and returned it right to my door.James Galvin
We have a very strong relationship with Mark and the team at Renew Carpet Cleaning. They do a lot of carpet, upholstery and tile cleaning work for us and have done so for a long time. They’re very flexible and the work is impeccable.Brown Thomas
Jason and the team were just so lovely. They really helped me out at the last minute and the carpets came up so well, I asked them to do my sofa too! Couldn’t recommend Renew enough. Will be calling them back next year.Catherine O'Driscoll
Our carpets, curtains and upholstery have never looked as good since we hired Renew. Like clock-work they’re there to keep our premises shining to the high standards we’ve set. There's no better cleaning company out there.The Shelbourne Hotel
I'm only sorry I didn't call Renew years ago! They are by far and away the best tile & grout cleaners I've ever used and Darren was such a lovely man, couldn't have been more helpful when he arrived. Would defingintely use them again!Sinead Counihan
Dublin's Best Carpet, Fabric, Tile & Grout Cleaning Professionals.
Renew is Dublin’s leading and most experienced professional carpet, fabric, tile & grout cleaning company. We have over 20 years’ experience, providing wool-safe approved, anti-allergen & eco-friendly cleaning solutions to over 10,000 homes a year.
- Environmentally friendly techniques
- Fully trained and professional staff
- 100% no quibble refund
- Free assessment and quotation