Orange juice is one of the most popular drinks in any household. It’s healthy, refreshing, oh and a right pain to get rid of when spilled on your carpets! Orange juice spills are one of those annoying ones as orange is citric acid. This means it can act as a bleaching agent when exposed to the sun, so ideally it needs to be cleaned up immediately!
Also, orange juice turns into a tacky residue when left. However, if you’re looking at an orange juice stain on your lovely carpet – no need to panic, help is at hand. Below is our guide to removing both fresh orange juice stains and dried-in stains from carpet.
How to remove spilled orange juice from carpet
If you have kids who refuse to drink orange juice ‘with the bits,’ you’ll be grateful for their fussy ways if it spills. These orange bits can stick to the carpet fibres and it’s best to scrape them out first before removing the stain.
- Blot up as much of the liquid as possible using paper towel or a clean, dry cloth.
- Mix together two cups of warm water with one tablespoon of washing-up liquid. Use a clean cloth to sponge the stain with the solution.
- Be careful not to scrub the carpet as this can damage the carpet fibres and cause the stain to work further down.
- Keep sponging the stain, until it’s gone.
- Remove any excess liquid with a clean, dry towel.
“At Renew we pride ourselves on our excellent service and amazing results. Get in touch today and we’ll be happy to help. “
How to remove an old orange juice spill from carpet
- Moisten the stain with lukewarm water.
- Mix a solution of ammonia with two cups of warm water. Use a clean cloth to carefully blot the stain with the solution. Be careful not to scrub. Continue until the stain has gone.
- Rinse the carpet afterwards with cold water and blot dry.
- You may also need to use a stain remover (make sure to follow the instructions carefully) Most stain removers will need to be left on the stain for a certain amount of time first. Be sure to carefully time what’s been specified, so as to avoid discolouring your carpet.
If you have any doubts or the stain isn’t budging, then it’s best to call in the professionals. Renew is Ireland’s leading carpet cleaning company, which specialises in removing tough stains.
Need some help?
Become a happy customer
I was apprehensive to get my expensive Persian rug cleaned as you never know with these things but calling Renew I knew I'd made the right decision. They collected it, cleaned it impeccably and returned it right to my door.James Galvin
We have a very strong relationship with Mark and the team at Renew Carpet Cleaning. They do a lot of carpet, upholstery and tile cleaning work for us and have done so for a long time. They’re very flexible and the work is impeccable.Brown Thomas
Jason and the team were just so lovely. They really helped me out at the last minute and the carpets came up so well, I asked them to do my sofa too! Couldn’t recommend Renew enough. Will be calling them back next year.Catherine O'Driscoll
Our carpets, curtains and upholstery have never looked as good since we hired Renew. Like clock-work they’re there to keep our premises shining to the high standards we’ve set. There's no better cleaning company out there.The Shelbourne Hotel
I'm only sorry I didn't call Renew years ago! They are by far and away the best tile & grout cleaners I've ever used and Darren was such a lovely man, couldn't have been more helpful when he arrived. Would defingintely use them again!Sinead Counihan
Dublin's Best Carpet, Fabric, Tile & Grout Cleaning Professionals.
Renew is Dublin’s leading and most experienced professional carpet, fabric, tile & grout cleaning company. We have over 20 years’ experience, providing wool-safe approved, anti-allergen & eco-friendly cleaning solutions to over 10,000 homes a year.
- Environmentally friendly techniques
- Fully trained and professional staff
- 100% no quibble refund
- Free assessment and quotation