Unfortunately in some cases, the area where the bleach has spilled will be completely stripped of colour. This will need the added help of a fabric pen or carpet kit. Always check the manufactures instructions before using any of these. DIY hacks such as kid’s crayons and hair dye may also work to replace the carpet colour, but as with any DIY job there is a risk, and it could end up making the area look even worse.
How to clean up after a bleach spill on carpet
- Take a clean white cloth and blot up as much excess bleach as possible. Be sure to blot and not rub as this will damage the carpet fibres.
- Mix together washing up liquid and water and apply to the stain.
- Alternatively, you could use white vinegar and water, but as the smell can be intense you would want a very strong stomach!
- Working inwards, gently clean the area with a white cloth until the stain is gone.
- Rinse with cold water and blot up any excess water with paper towel or a clean towel.
I was apprehensive to get my expensive Persian rug cleaned as you never know with these things but calling Renew I knew I'd made the right decision. They collected it, cleaned it impeccably and returned it right to my door.James Galvin
We have a very strong relationship with Mark and the team at Renew Carpet Cleaning. They do a lot of carpet, upholstery and tile cleaning work for us and have done so for a long time. They’re very flexible and the work is impeccable.Brown Thomas
Jason and the team were just so lovely. They really helped me out at the last minute and the carpets came up so well, I asked them to do my sofa too! Couldn’t recommend Renew enough. Will be calling them back next year.Catherine O'Driscoll
Our carpets, curtains and upholstery have never looked as good since we hired Renew. Like clock-work they’re there to keep our premises shining to the high standards we’ve set. There's no better cleaning company out there.The Shelbourne Hotel
I'm only sorry I didn't call Renew years ago! They are by far and away the best tile & grout cleaners I've ever used and Darren was such a lovely man, couldn't have been more helpful when he arrived. Would defingintely use them again!Sinead Counihan
Dublin's Best Carpet, Fabric, Tile & Grout Cleaning Professionals.
Renew is Dublin’s leading and most experienced professional carpet, fabric, tile & grout cleaning company. We have over 20 years’ experience, providing wool-safe approved, anti-allergen & eco-friendly cleaning solutions to over 10,000 homes a year.
- Environmentally friendly techniques
- Fully trained and professional staff
- 100% no quibble refund
- Free assessment and quotation