Accidents happen as they say, and when the remnants of one has dripped on your carpet, you need to act quickly (after the first aid of course!) Blood contains many proteins which can make it a tough stain to remove, especially if it has dried into the carpet.
Below is Renew Carpet Cleaning’s step by step guide to removing both fresh and dried blood stains from carpet.
Method 1: How to clean blood from carpet
- Mix one tablespoon of washing up liquid with two cups of cold water (be sure to use only cold water as warm/hot water will settle the stain into the carpet)
- Using a clean cloth carefully sponge the area, working inwards so as not to spread the stain.
- Repeat until the stain has gone.
- Rinse the area with cold water to remove any soapy residue.
Method 2: How to clean blood from carpet
- Mix together cold water and salt until it forms a thin paste.
- Spread the paste over the stain, and rub it in using a clean towel.
- Leave for 10-15 minutes so the salt can absorb the blood.
- Blot the stain, making sure not to scrub as this can damage the carpet fibres.
- Continue until the stain has gone.
- Vacuum up the salt residue.
How to remove dried in blood from carpet
- Use a blunt knife or brush to loosen the dried blood, and vacuum up any bits.
- Use method 1 (above) mix washing up liquid and water solution, before blotting the stain.
- If the stain turns brown after drying, then mix two cups of warm water and one cup of white vinegar and use a clean cloth to sponge the area. Repeat as necessary.
I was apprehensive to get my expensive Persian rug cleaned as you never know with these things but calling Renew I knew I'd made the right decision. They collected it, cleaned it impeccably and returned it right to my door.James Galvin
We have a very strong relationship with Mark and the team at Renew Carpet Cleaning. They do a lot of carpet, upholstery and tile cleaning work for us and have done so for a long time. They’re very flexible and the work is impeccable.Brown Thomas
Jason and the team were just so lovely. They really helped me out at the last minute and the carpets came up so well, I asked them to do my sofa too! Couldn’t recommend Renew enough. Will be calling them back next year.Catherine O'Driscoll
Our carpets, curtains and upholstery have never looked as good since we hired Renew. Like clock-work they’re there to keep our premises shining to the high standards we’ve set. There's no better cleaning company out there.The Shelbourne Hotel
I'm only sorry I didn't call Renew years ago! They are by far and away the best tile & grout cleaners I've ever used and Darren was such a lovely man, couldn't have been more helpful when he arrived. Would defingintely use them again!Sinead Counihan
Dublin's Best Carpet, Fabric, Tile & Grout Cleaning Professionals.
Renew is Dublin’s leading and most experienced professional carpet, fabric, tile & grout cleaning company. We have over 20 years’ experience, providing wool-safe approved, anti-allergen & eco-friendly cleaning solutions to over 10,000 homes a year.
- Environmentally friendly techniques
- Fully trained and professional staff
- 100% no quibble refund
- Free assessment and quotation