If you’re researching how to clean up vomit from carpet…then things are tough enough without complicated instructions or witty intros. So, we’ll get straight to the point. Below is Renew’s quick and easy guide to removing vomit from carpet.
How to clean up vomit from carpet
- Use disposable gloves if possible, and for best results try to tackle the stain straight away.
- Remove any solids from the stain.
- If the vomit has hardened use some cold water to loosen the stain.
- Mix together some laundry detergent with water. Clean the area using a scrubbing brush or cloth/sponge. Continue until the stain is gone.
- Use cold water to remove any soapy residue from the carpet.
- Remove any excess liquid with a clean towel or paper towel.
How to get rid of the smell of vomit from carpet
- Mix together some baking soda and water to form a paste consistency.
- Apply a thin layer of paste to the area and use a brush (even an old toothbrush) to work it into the carpet.
- Leave to set (may need to be left overnight) and when the paste has hardened, scrape up as much as you can with a blunt knife.
- Vacuum up any remaining residue and the smell should come away with it.
The Vinegar Alternative Solution
- Mix two parts of water with one part of vinegar.
- Rub the solution into the area with a sponge or cloth.
- Don’t panic if the smell of vinegar seems to be lingering just as much as the vomit smell, they both will go away together.
- Leave the solution for 1-2 hrs to work in the area.
- Use a clean towel to soak up as much of the residue as possible
Renew Carpet Cleaning are experts at removing all types of stains – we’ve seen them all! If you need help removing a tough stain or you want your carpets professionally cleaned – Contact us today.
I was apprehensive to get my expensive Persian rug cleaned as you never know with these things but calling Renew I knew I'd made the right decision. They collected it, cleaned it impeccably and returned it right to my door.James Galvin
We have a very strong relationship with Mark and the team at Renew Carpet Cleaning. They do a lot of carpet, upholstery and tile cleaning work for us and have done so for a long time. They’re very flexible and the work is impeccable.Brown Thomas
Jason and the team were just so lovely. They really helped me out at the last minute and the carpets came up so well, I asked them to do my sofa too! Couldn’t recommend Renew enough. Will be calling them back next year.Catherine O'Driscoll
Our carpets, curtains and upholstery have never looked as good since we hired Renew. Like clock-work they’re there to keep our premises shining to the high standards we’ve set. There's no better cleaning company out there.The Shelbourne Hotel
I'm only sorry I didn't call Renew years ago! They are by far and away the best tile & grout cleaners I've ever used and Darren was such a lovely man, couldn't have been more helpful when he arrived. Would defingintely use them again!Sinead Counihan
Dublin's Best Carpet, Fabric, Tile & Grout Cleaning Professionals.
Renew is Dublin’s leading and most experienced professional carpet, fabric, tile & grout cleaning company. We have over 20 years’ experience, providing wool-safe approved, anti-allergen & eco-friendly cleaning solutions to over 10,000 homes a year.
- Environmentally friendly techniques
- Fully trained and professional staff
- 100% no quibble refund
- Free assessment and quotation