Who doesn’t love a fab scented candle in their home? There are the ‘good’ candles we don’t light, and of course the ones we use regularly to create a calming ambience and scent. Candles are a must in almost every home.
Whether it’s a romantic dinner or a special occasion, it’s the memories we want afterwards and not a tricky wax stain to clean up. When candle wax spills, it’s a double whammy as it starts off as a liquid and dries solid. When it spills on the carpet it seeps down into the carpet, before solidifying onto the fibres.
Although candle wax stains are not ideal, they’re definitely not impossible to remove yourself.
Method 1: How to remove candle wax from carpet
- Place a bag of ice over the wax to help harden it, making it easier to scrape off.
- Use a dull knife to gently scrap off the wax from the carpet fibres.
- Vacuum up the wax pieces.
- If the wax is coloured and has left a stain on the carpet, then use rubbing alcohol or a stain remover to clean it up.
Method 2: How to remove candle wax from carpet
- Place a paper bag over the wax. Carefully iron over the stain on high heat, be sure not to use the steam setting and if an option, turn it off. (You can also use a paper towel and hairdryer on high heat)
- As you iron, the wax will lift away onto the paper bag.
- As the wax is absorbed into the bag, swap for a clean piece.
- Repeat the above steps, until the stain is completely gone.
I was apprehensive to get my expensive Persian rug cleaned as you never know with these things but calling Renew I knew I'd made the right decision. They collected it, cleaned it impeccably and returned it right to my door.James Galvin
We have a very strong relationship with Mark and the team at Renew Carpet Cleaning. They do a lot of carpet, upholstery and tile cleaning work for us and have done so for a long time. They’re very flexible and the work is impeccable.Brown Thomas
Jason and the team were just so lovely. They really helped me out at the last minute and the carpets came up so well, I asked them to do my sofa too! Couldn’t recommend Renew enough. Will be calling them back next year.Catherine O'Driscoll
Our carpets, curtains and upholstery have never looked as good since we hired Renew. Like clock-work they’re there to keep our premises shining to the high standards we’ve set. There's no better cleaning company out there.The Shelbourne Hotel
I'm only sorry I didn't call Renew years ago! They are by far and away the best tile & grout cleaners I've ever used and Darren was such a lovely man, couldn't have been more helpful when he arrived. Would defingintely use them again!Sinead Counihan
Dublin's Best Carpet, Fabric, Tile & Grout Cleaning Professionals.
Renew is Dublin’s leading and most experienced professional carpet, fabric, tile & grout cleaning company. We have over 20 years’ experience, providing wool-safe approved, anti-allergen & eco-friendly cleaning solutions to over 10,000 homes a year.
- Environmentally friendly techniques
- Fully trained and professional staff
- 100% no quibble refund
- Free assessment and quotation