There is nothing quite like the smell of freshly cut grass, but if that grass has been trotted through your carpet, then it’s not so delightful. Grass stains on carpets are among the most common (and unsightly)
Even the most welcoming of ‘welcoming’ mats aren’t always able to prevent a grass trail up the stairs. Below is Renew’s step-by-step guide to cleaning up a grass stain on your carpet, so you can be sure the great outdoors is left, well, outdoors…
How to clean a grass stain from carpet
- Vacuum up any clumps of grass or soil.
- Mix one cup of cold water with a couple of drops of laundry detergent. Leave to work for 10 minutes.
- Using a white cloth, gently clean the area working inwards.
- When the stain is gone rinse the area with cold water to remove any soapy residue.
- Leave to air dry.
How to clean a strubborn grass stain from carpet
- With the stain wet, apply an ammonia-based cleaning solution to the area.
- Blot with a clean, white cloth.
- Cover the stain with white vinegar, and blot again.
- Rinse with cold water and use a clean towel to blot dry.
I was apprehensive to get my expensive Persian rug cleaned as you never know with these things but calling Renew I knew I'd made the right decision. They collected it, cleaned it impeccably and returned it right to my door.James Galvin
We have a very strong relationship with Mark and the team at Renew Carpet Cleaning. They do a lot of carpet, upholstery and tile cleaning work for us and have done so for a long time. They’re very flexible and the work is impeccable.Brown Thomas
Jason and the team were just so lovely. They really helped me out at the last minute and the carpets came up so well, I asked them to do my sofa too! Couldn’t recommend Renew enough. Will be calling them back next year.Catherine O'Driscoll
Our carpets, curtains and upholstery have never looked as good since we hired Renew. Like clock-work they’re there to keep our premises shining to the high standards we’ve set. There's no better cleaning company out there.The Shelbourne Hotel
I'm only sorry I didn't call Renew years ago! They are by far and away the best tile & grout cleaners I've ever used and Darren was such a lovely man, couldn't have been more helpful when he arrived. Would defingintely use them again!Sinead Counihan
Dublin's Best Carpet, Fabric, Tile & Grout Cleaning Professionals.
Renew is Dublin’s leading and most experienced professional carpet, fabric, tile & grout cleaning company. We have over 20 years’ experience, providing wool-safe approved, anti-allergen & eco-friendly cleaning solutions to over 10,000 homes a year.
- Environmentally friendly techniques
- Fully trained and professional staff
- 100% no quibble refund
- Free assessment and quotation