If it’s not bad enough that your favourite foundation has taken a tumble, spilling the equivalent of half your wages on the floor, when that flooring is carpet it’s extra painful. A foundation spill on a carpet can feel like a nightmare, especially if your carpet is a light colour and now has an unsightly brown puddle that would get Peppa Pig and her gang excited! However don’t panic, help is at hand with Renew’s step by step guide below…
Like with all stains – get to work straight away, not giving the stain time to set. Also, be sure to test out all cleaning solutions on a hidden area of carpet first.
How to clean up after a foundation spill on carpet
- Remove as much of the product from the surface of the carpet using a spoon, taking care not to push the make-up further down. (If you can re-use some, we won’t judge you ;))
- Using 3% hydrogen peroxide is extremely effective for cream/ white carpets. (Do not use this solution on dark or coloured carpets as it will bleach them. If your carpet is coloured you may need a specific stain removal product. Always follow the instructions on these carefully, so as not to cause damage to your carpet)
- Add a small amount of the hydrogen peroxide solution to a clean white cloth.
Firmly blot the stain to lift as much of the makeup as possible from the carpet. Do not rub the stain. Continue to dab the stain with more solution (moving on to a clean piece of cloth each time) until the stain is gone.
After the stain has been removed, spray the affected area with water to rinse out any solution.
- Use kitchen roll to dab any excess liquid and leave to dry.
How to clean up after a powder make-up spill on carpet
- Mix together a couple of squirts of washing-up liquid with a cup of warm water. Mix so as to make a lather (shaving foam can also be used instead of washing-up liquid)
- Soak a clean cloth in the cleaning solution and gently dab at the stain, making sure not to rub as this can damage the carpet fibres.
- Use cold water to rinse away the soapy residue and dab any excess liquid with a paper towel.
I was apprehensive to get my expensive Persian rug cleaned as you never know with these things but calling Renew I knew I'd made the right decision. They collected it, cleaned it impeccably and returned it right to my door.James Galvin
We have a very strong relationship with Mark and the team at Renew Carpet Cleaning. They do a lot of carpet, upholstery and tile cleaning work for us and have done so for a long time. They’re very flexible and the work is impeccable.Brown Thomas
Jason and the team were just so lovely. They really helped me out at the last minute and the carpets came up so well, I asked them to do my sofa too! Couldn’t recommend Renew enough. Will be calling them back next year.Catherine O'Driscoll
Our carpets, curtains and upholstery have never looked as good since we hired Renew. Like clock-work they’re there to keep our premises shining to the high standards we’ve set. There's no better cleaning company out there.The Shelbourne Hotel
I'm only sorry I didn't call Renew years ago! They are by far and away the best tile & grout cleaners I've ever used and Darren was such a lovely man, couldn't have been more helpful when he arrived. Would defingintely use them again!Sinead Counihan
Dublin's Best Carpet, Fabric, Tile & Grout Cleaning Professionals.
Renew is Dublin’s leading and most experienced professional carpet, fabric, tile & grout cleaning company. We have over 20 years’ experience, providing wool-safe approved, anti-allergen & eco-friendly cleaning solutions to over 10,000 homes a year.
- Environmentally friendly techniques
- Fully trained and professional staff
- 100% no quibble refund
- Free assessment and quotation